Sunday, May 07, 2006

Time to go

from BotF Poetry Slam, 2-2-2006

You might be leaving, but I've already gone.
I've looked back, tried to prove my history.
Now I'm standing at the foot of bridge one.

Mapped my life to the streets of Konigsberg
With all the bridges washed out to sea.
You might be leaving, but I've already gone.

Filled out the forms, the applications
To become someone else's employee
Been looking for new bridges to build.

Thought at first that I'd only lost to Ivan
But there were more: Wilma ... Katrina ... Charley ...
I'd show you, but the businesses are all gone.

How do I prove the work that I've done,
The network analysis, the modeling,
When I can't even find past employer one?

No Red Prince or Blue Prince or Bishop
Can ride out from Schloss or Kirche to save me.
I would be leaving, but I've already gone.
How do you cross bridges when there are none?

No comments: